The 12-step program has ended up being quite popular nowadays among individuals with some dependency problems, and although originally it was produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcoholic abuse as a progressive illness, the 12-step program in Augusta, GA that we now understand is utilized more widely within different substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for individuals with illicit substance abuse issues, and others.
So if you have an interest in learning more about the 12-step programs in Augusta, Georgia and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you may want to continue reading this short article!
Augusta 12-Step Program Company
As you might have guessed, the Augusta, Georgia 12-step program contains in itself 12 various spiritual principles and standards that should be utilized by different support groups to help its members conquer their issues.
So here are these 12 actions developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Augusta, GA, or any other location:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your problems, and confess to yourself;
- Confess to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Permit God to get rid of all these defects that you have right now, and that interfere with your day-to-day life in a negative method;
- Do not be afraid to request for God’s aid while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have actually harmed prior to;
- Say sorry before anyone that you have actually hurt unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these individuals would hurt them a lot more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to apologize whenever you understand that you are in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a method to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever form that you imagine Him;
As soon as you are ready, transfer all of your understanding and experience to other individuals with substance abuse issues and, naturally, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
Augusta, GA 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 standards described above, twelve-step programs also include 12 customs that are connected with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which each of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not need more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The main purpose of any AA group is to move the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The whole group’s conscience and welfare are more vital than that of any private independently, as the group purpose of recovering from an disease depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever type we envision Him. And therefore, the leaders of any AA group are merely His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous must be developed independently from all others;
- AA groups must always stay non-financial companies so that nobody would get distracted from the primary function of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups must also remain self-support groups, implying that any kind of help from others should be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders must not be related to medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being completely self-supporting, they need to likewise stay non-organized groups, but they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous must not have an viewpoint on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public fights. AA leaders must remember that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used just with the goal of bring in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the second one. This concept reminds us that collectively-accepted guidelines ought to be more vital than every individual’s desires, particularly when it concerns group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Augusta, GA
As you can see, the to start with created version of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening principles, but time has helped the program to establish and become less dependent on God if that is what you want.
For some of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be good to know that such spiritual focus is really not the main quality that assists people to recover. Your own healing depends more on your own interpretation of the 12 steps and on the social support of individuals who assist you because process. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not always indicate that God is that power; it could also be our AA or any other group that might assist us with all our affairs and problems.
There are several 12-step programs in Augusta, Georgia nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your regional neighborhood that suits your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be related to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we already understand, among the primary principles of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is rather impossible to gather information on its effectiveness. But what we do understand is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this issue were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer periods of time.
And as some of the insurance policies can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Augusta, Georgia, it would be easy to understand why 12 actions have actually ended up being so popular in the last years.
Therefore, knowing that 12 steps programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this kind of treatment is effective; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never ever know for sure whether a particular approach is working for you unless you try it out, but you still know that all of them could be reliable.
Option Treatment Programs in Augusta, Georgia
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why considering alternatives is really important.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be practical:
Such programs take place in rehab centers in Augusta, Georgia with expert health care suppliers, which is why they are considered to be one of the most effective ones. Residential programs assist you to produce an environment where no substance use is enabled, which is why your healing might be much faster compared to other rehabilitation techniques.
The only disadvantage is that such programs are normally not that low-cost, which is why you might require to consider other choices. However if you do not mind participating in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenses with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are quite comparable to domestic ones, however they enable you to continue living your life and bearing your obligations, as you will not have to stay at the center all day, simply in the early mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you might have to invest a larger amount of time in your rehab center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fundamental principle of a 12-Step program in Augusta, GA?
The main principle of the Augusta 12 steps is that people can assist one another in their journey of overcoming drug abuse or any other problems. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not needed these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Reserve?
The 12 steps can be found in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you could also read about them in the short article above and choose whether they would be practical to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 steps followers, and you can download it free of charge. Such workbooks are normally extremely helpful for new members, and the important things that you write down in such a workbook could be gone over together with other AA members.