The 12-step program has actually become rather popular these days amongst individuals with some addiction problems, and although originally it was created by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcoholic abuse as a progressive health problem, the 12-step program in Athens, GA that we now understand is used more widely within various substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for individuals with illicit drug use issues, and others.
So if you have an interest in finding out more about the 12-step programs in Athens, Georgia and how they could be implemented in your own treatment programs, then you might want to continue reading this post!
Athens 12-Step Program Company
As you could have guessed, the Athens, Georgia 12-step program consists of in itself 12 various spiritual principles and guidelines that should be utilized by various support groups to assist its members conquer their issues.
So here are these 12 actions created by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Athens, GA, or any other place:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your problems, and admit it to yourself;
- Confess to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Allow God to eliminate all these defects that you have today, which disrupt your daily life in a negative way;
- Do not hesitate to ask for God’s help while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have injured before;
- Say sorry prior to anybody that you have injured unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these individuals would injure them a lot more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to apologize whenever you understand that you are in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a method to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever type that you envision Him;
As soon as you are ready, transfer all of your knowledge and experience to other people with substance abuse issues and, of course, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
Athens, GA 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 guidelines explained above, twelve-step programs also consist of 12 traditions that are gotten in touch with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which each of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not need more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The main function of any AA group is to move the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The whole group’s conscience and welfare are more crucial than that of any private independently, as the group purpose of recuperating from an health problem depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever kind we imagine Him. And thus, the leaders of any AA group are just His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous ought to be produced separately from all others;
- AA groups must always remain non-financial companies so that no one would get distracted from the primary purpose of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups ought to likewise remain self-support groups, suggesting that any type of assistance from others need to be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders must not be connected to medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being fully self-supporting, they ought to likewise stay non-organized groups, but they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the help to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous should not have an opinion on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public conflicts. AA leaders ought to keep in mind that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized just with the goal of attracting those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the second one. This principle advises us that collectively-accepted rules should be more important than every individual’s desires, specifically when it concerns group partnership.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Athens, GA
As you can see, the first of all created version of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening principles, however time has assisted the program to develop and become less depending on God if that is what you desire.
For some of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be great to know that such spiritual focus is really not the main quality that assists people to recuperate. Your own healing depends more on your own interpretation of the 12 actions and on the social assistance of people who assist you because procedure. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily imply that God is that power; it might likewise be our AA or any other group that could assist us with all our affairs and difficulties.
There are various 12-step programs in Athens, Georgia these days, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your local community that suits your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be related to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we currently understand, one of the main principles of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is rather impossible to gather information on its effectiveness. But what we do know is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this issue were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer time periods.
And as some of the insurance coverage can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Athens, Georgia, it would be reasonable why 12 steps have become so popular in the ins 2015.
Hence, understanding that 12 steps programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this kind of treatment is effective; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never ever understand for sure whether a particular technique is working for you unless you try it out, however you still understand that all of them could be efficient.
Option Treatment Programs in Athens, Georgia
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why thinking about alternatives is extremely important.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be valuable:
Such programs occur in rehabilitation centers in Athens, Georgia with expert health care suppliers, which is why they are thought about to be one of the most efficient ones. Residential programs help you to create an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your recovery might be faster compared to other rehab approaches.
The only disadvantage is that such programs are usually not that low-cost, which is why you may need to think about other alternatives. But if you do not mind participating in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenses with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are quite comparable to property ones, but they allow you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not have to stay at the center all the time, simply in the early mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you might need to spend a larger amount of time in your rehabilitation center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fundamental concept of a 12-Step program in Athens, GA?
The main principle of the Athens 12 steps is that individuals can assist one another in their journey of overcoming drug abuse or any other problems. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not essential these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Reserve?
The 12 steps can be discovered in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you might likewise check out them in the article above and choose whether they would be practical to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook readily available for 12 steps fans, and you can download it free of charge. Such workbooks are typically very handy for new members, and the things that you write down in such a workbook could be discussed together with other AA members.