The 12-step program has actually ended up being rather popular these days among individuals with some addiction problems, and although initially it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcohol abuse as a progressive health problem, the 12-step program in Apple Valley, CA that we now understand is utilized more extensively within different substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for individuals with illegal drug use issues, and others.
So if you are interested in learning more about the 12-step programs in Apple Valley, California and how they could be executed in your own treatment programs, then you might want to continue reading this article!
Apple Valley 12-Step Program Company
As you might have guessed, the Apple Valley, California 12-step program includes in itself 12 various spiritual principles and guidelines that must be utilized by different support groups to help its members overcome their problems.
So here are these 12 steps created by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Apple Valley, CA, or any other place:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your problems, and confess to yourself;
- Admit to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Allow God to remove all these defects that you have today, which interfere with your day-to-day life in a negative method;
- Do not be afraid to ask for God’s help while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have actually hurt prior to;
- Say sorry before anybody that you have harmed unless these direct amends and your presence in the lives of these individuals would harm them even more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to apologize whenever you understand that you are in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Use prayers and meditation as a method to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever form that you imagine Him;
As soon as you are ready, move all of your understanding and experience to other people with substance abuse problems and, naturally, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
Apple Valley, CA 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 standards described above, twelve-step programs likewise include 12 customs that are connected with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which every one of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not need more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary function of any AA group is to move the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The entire group’s conscience and welfare are more crucial than that of any private individually, as the group function of recuperating from an health problem depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever form we imagine Him. And therefore, the leaders of any AA group are merely His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous must be developed separately from all others;
- AA groups should constantly remain non-financial companies so that nobody would get sidetracked from the primary function of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups should likewise stay self-support groups, indicating that any kind of help from others ought to be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders must not be connected to medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being fully self-supporting, they ought to likewise remain non-organized groups, however they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the assistance to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous must not have an opinion on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public confrontations. AA leaders need to remember that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used only with the goal of attracting those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the 2nd one. This concept reminds us that collectively-accepted guidelines must be more vital than every person’s desires, specifically when it concerns group partnership.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Apple Valley, CA
As you can see, the firstly produced version of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening concepts, however time has assisted the program to establish and become less dependent on God if that is what you desire.
For a few of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be good to understand that such spiritual focus is in fact not the main attribute that helps individuals to recuperate. Your own healing depends more by yourself interpretation of the 12 steps and on the social assistance of people who assist you in that procedure. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily indicate that God is that power; it could likewise be our AA or any other group that might assist us with all our affairs and problems.
There are various 12-step programs in Apple Valley, California nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your regional community that matches your need the most, no matter whether it will be connected to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we already understand, among the primary concepts of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is quite difficult to collect data on its efficiency. However what we do know is that 74% of USA treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this issue were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer time periods.
And as some of the insurance plan can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Apple Valley, California, it would be reasonable why 12 steps have become so popular in the ins 2015.
Thus, understanding that 12 steps programs are popular and commonly accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this type of treatment works; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never understand for sure whether a particular technique is working for you unless you try it out, however you still understand that all of them could be reliable.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Apple Valley, California
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why thinking about alternatives is very essential.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be practical:
Such programs happen in rehabilitation centers in Apple Valley, California with professional health care companies, which is why they are thought about to be among the most effective ones. Residential programs assist you to create an environment where no substance use is enabled, which is why your healing might be much faster compared to other rehabilitation techniques.
The only downside is that such programs are normally not that cheap, which is why you might require to consider other options. But if you do not mind participating in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenses with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are rather comparable to residential ones, however they permit you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not have to stay at the center all day, simply in the early mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you might need to spend a bigger time period in your rehab center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic idea of a 12-Step program in Apple Valley, CA?
The main concept of the Apple Valley 12 steps is that people can help one another in their journey of overcoming drug abuse or any other issues. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not needed nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 steps can be found in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you could likewise check out them in the post above and decide whether or not they would be helpful to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook readily available for 12 actions followers, and you can download it for free. Such workbooks are usually extremely practical for new members, and the important things that you jot down in such a workbook could be discussed together with other AA members.