The 12-step program has actually become rather popular these days amongst people with some addiction issues, and although originally it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcohol abuse as a progressive health problem, the 12-step program in Antelope, CA that we now know is utilized more widely within various substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for individuals with illegal substance abuse issues, and others.
So if you are interested in finding out more about the 12-step programs in Antelope, California and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you may wish to continue reading this post!
Antelope 12-Step Program Company
As you could have thought, the Antelope, California 12-step program contains in itself 12 different spiritual principles and standards that must be utilized by various support groups to help its members conquer their issues.
So here are these 12 steps developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Antelope, CA, or any other location:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your problems, and admit it to yourself;
- Confess to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Permit God to remove all these defects that you have today, which hinder your day-to-day life in a unfavorable method;
- Do not hesitate to ask for God’s aid while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have harmed before;
- Apologize prior to anyone that you have actually injured unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these individuals would harm them even more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to ask forgiveness whenever you understand that you remain in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Use prayers and meditation as a way to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever form that you picture Him;
When you are ready, transfer all of your understanding and experience to other people with substance abuse problems and, obviously, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
Antelope, CA 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 guidelines explained above, twelve-step programs also include 12 traditions that are gotten in touch with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which every one of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not need more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary function of any AA group is to move the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The entire group’s conscience and well-being are more crucial than that of any specific independently, as the group function of recuperating from an illness depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever form we imagine Him. And hence, the leaders of any AA group are simply His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous must be developed independently from all others;
- AA groups need to always remain non-financial companies so that nobody would get distracted from the primary function of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups need to likewise stay self-support groups, indicating that any type of aid from others should be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders ought to not be related to medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being totally self-supporting, they must also remain non-organized groups, however they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous must not have an opinion on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public confrontations. AA leaders need to bear in mind that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used only with the goal of bring in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the second one. This concept advises us that collectively-accepted guidelines must be more crucial than every individual’s desires, specifically when it concerns group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Interpretations in Antelope, CA
As you can see, the firstly created version of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening concepts, but time has assisted the program to develop and end up being less dependent on God if that is what you desire.
For some of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be great to know that such spiritual focus is really not the main quality that assists individuals to recuperate. Your own recovery depends more on your own analysis of the 12 actions and on the social support of individuals who assist you in that process. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not always indicate that God is that power; it could also be our AA or any other group that might assist us with all our affairs and difficulties.
There are several 12-step programs in Antelope, California nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your regional community that suits your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be connected to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we already know, among the primary concepts of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is quite impossible to collect information on its efficiency. But what we do understand is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this issue were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer time periods.
And as a few of the insurance plan can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in Antelope, California, it would be reasonable why 12 steps have ended up being so popular in the ins 2015.
Hence, knowing that 12 actions programs are popular and extensively accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this kind of treatment is effective; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never ever understand for sure whether a specific approach is working for you unless you try it out, but you still know that all of them could be effective.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Antelope, California
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why thinking about alternatives is really important.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be useful:
Such programs take place in rehab centers in Antelope, California with professional health care service providers, which is why they are considered to be one of the most reliable ones. Residential programs assist you to produce an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your recovery might be quicker compared to other rehabilitation techniques.
The only disadvantage is that such programs are typically not that cheap, which is why you may need to consider other options. But if you do not mind participating in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenditures with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are rather comparable to residential ones, however they permit you to continue living your life and bearing your duties, as you will not need to stay at the center throughout the day, just in the early mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you might have to spend a bigger time period in your rehab center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic principle of a 12-Step program in Antelope, CA?
The main concept of the Antelope 12 steps is that people can help one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other issues. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not essential nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 actions can be found in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you could likewise read about them in the post above and choose whether they would be useful to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 actions fans, and you can download it free of charge. Such workbooks are typically very useful for new members, and the important things that you write down in such a workbook could be talked about together with other AA members.