The 12-step program has actually become rather popular nowadays among people with some dependency problems, and although originally it was created by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcohol abuse as a progressive disease, the 12-step program in Alexandria, LA that we now understand is used more extensively within different substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for individuals with illegal drug use problems, and others.
So if you are interested in discovering more about the 12-step programs in Alexandria, Louisiana and how they could be executed in your own treatment programs, then you might wish to continue reading this post!
Alexandria 12-Step Program Organization
As you might have guessed, the Alexandria, Louisiana 12-step program includes in itself 12 different spiritual principles and guidelines that must be utilized by various support groups to assist its members overcome their issues.
So here are these 12 actions produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Alexandria, LA, or any other location:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your problems, and confess to yourself;
- Confess to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Allow God to eliminate all these defects that you have right now, which hinder your everyday life in a unfavorable way;
- Do not hesitate to request for God’s help while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have actually harmed prior to;
- Say sorry prior to anyone that you have actually harmed unless these direct amends and your presence in the lives of these individuals would hurt them much more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to apologize whenever you comprehend that you are in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a way to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever kind that you envision Him;
When you are ready, move all of your knowledge and experience to other individuals with substance abuse issues and, obviously, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
Alexandria, LA 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 guidelines explained above, twelve-step programs likewise include 12 customs that are connected with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which each of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not require more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The main purpose of any AA group is to move the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The whole group’s conscience and welfare are more vital than that of any private separately, as the group purpose of recovering from an illness depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever kind we picture Him. And therefore, the leaders of any AA group are just His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous must be produced independently from all others;
- AA groups must always remain non-financial organizations so that no one would get distracted from the primary function of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups need to likewise stay self-support groups, implying that any type of help from others must be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders should not be related to medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being totally self-supporting, they ought to also remain non-organized groups, however they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the help to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous need to not have an viewpoint on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public fights. AA leaders need to bear in mind that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized only with the aim of attracting those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the second one. This concept advises us that collectively-accepted guidelines should be more crucial than every individual’s desires, particularly when it pertains to group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Alexandria, LA
As you can see, the firstly created version of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening principles, but time has actually helped the program to develop and become less based on God if that is what you desire.
For a few of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be good to understand that such spiritual focus is really not the main quality that helps individuals to recuperate. Your own healing depends more by yourself analysis of the 12 actions and on the social assistance of individuals who help you because process. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily imply that God is that power; it might also be our AA or any other group that might assist us with all our affairs and troubles.
There are many different 12-step programs in Alexandria, Louisiana nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your local community that suits your need the most, no matter whether it will be connected to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we currently know, one of the main principles of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is quite impossible to gather data on its efficiency. But what we do understand is that 74% of USA treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this issue were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer periods of time.
And as a few of the insurance plan can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in Alexandria, Louisiana, it would be understandable why 12 actions have ended up being so popular in the last years.
Hence, understanding that 12 actions programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this type of treatment works; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never ever know for sure whether a particular approach is working for you unless you try it out, but you still understand that all of them could be efficient.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Alexandria, Louisiana
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why considering options is very important.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be helpful:
Such programs take place in rehabilitation centers in Alexandria, Louisiana with expert healthcare suppliers, which is why they are thought about to be among the most efficient ones. Residential programs help you to create an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your recovery might be much faster compared to other rehabilitation approaches.
The only drawback is that such programs are usually not that inexpensive, which is why you might need to think about other alternatives. But if you do incline participating in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenditures with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are quite comparable to property ones, however they enable you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not have to remain at the center throughout the day, just in the mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you might have to invest a bigger time period in your rehabilitation center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fundamental idea of a 12-Step program in Alexandria, LA?
The main principle of the Alexandria 12 steps is that people can help one another in their journey of getting rid of drug abuse or any other issues. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not needed nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Schedule?
The 12 steps can be found in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you could also check out them in the short article above and decide whether or not they would be useful to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 actions fans, and you can download it free of charge. Such workbooks are generally really valuable for new members, and the things that you write down in such a workbook could be talked about together with other AA members.