The 12-step program has ended up being quite popular these days among people with some dependency issues, and although originally it was created by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcoholic abuse as a progressive disease, the 12-step program in Aguadilla, PR that we now understand is utilized more extensively within various substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for people with illegal substance abuse issues, and others.
So if you are interested in learning more about the 12-step programs in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico and how they could be executed in your own treatment programs, then you might wish to continue reading this post!
Aguadilla 12-Step Program Company
As you could have thought, the Aguadilla, Puerto Rico 12-step program consists of in itself 12 various spiritual principles and guidelines that need to be used by different support groups to assist its members overcome their issues.
So here are these 12 steps produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Aguadilla, PR, or any other location:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your problems, and admit it to yourself;
- Admit to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Enable God to remove all these defects that you have right now, and that disrupt your day-to-day life in a negative way;
- Do not be afraid to ask for God’s aid while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have injured prior to;
- Say sorry before anyone that you have hurt unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these individuals would hurt them even more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to apologize whenever you understand that you remain in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Use prayers and meditation as a method to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever kind that you imagine Him;
Once you are ready, transfer all of your understanding and experience to other individuals with substance abuse problems and, obviously, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
Aguadilla, PR 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 standards explained above, twelve-step programs also include 12 traditions that are gotten in touch with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which every one of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not require more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The main function of any AA group is to transfer the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The entire group’s conscience and well-being are more vital than that of any individual individually, as the group purpose of recuperating from an disease depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever type we imagine Him. And thus, the leaders of any AA group are just His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous need to be created independently from all others;
- AA groups must constantly stay non-financial organizations so that nobody would get distracted from the main function of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups need to likewise remain self-support groups, indicating that any kind of help from others need to be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders must not be associated with medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being completely self-supporting, they need to likewise remain non-organized groups, but they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the assistance to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous ought to not have an viewpoint on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public fights. AA leaders ought to keep in mind that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized only with the goal of bring in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the 2nd one. This concept reminds us that collectively-accepted rules should be more important than every individual’s desires, particularly when it concerns group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Interpretations in Aguadilla, PR
As you can see, the to start with developed variation of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening principles, however time has helped the program to develop and end up being less depending on God if that is what you desire.
For some of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be great to know that such spiritual focus is actually not the main characteristic that assists individuals to recover. Your own recovery depends more by yourself interpretation of the 12 actions and on the social assistance of individuals who help you because procedure. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily imply that God is that power; it might also be our AA or any other group that could assist us with all our affairs and troubles.
There are many different 12-step programs in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico these days, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your local community that suits your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be related to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we already understand, one of the main principles of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is quite difficult to collect information on its efficiency. But what we do understand is that 74% of USA treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this problem were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer amount of times.
And as some of the insurance plan can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico, it would be understandable why 12 actions have actually become so popular in the last years.
Hence, knowing that 12 steps programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this kind of treatment is effective; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never understand for sure whether a specific technique is working for you unless you try it out, but you still understand that all of them could be effective.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why considering options is extremely crucial.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be handy:
Such programs occur in rehab centers in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico with professional healthcare providers, which is why they are thought about to be one of the most reliable ones. Residential programs help you to produce an environment where no substance use is enabled, which is why your healing might be quicker compared to other rehab approaches.
The only drawback is that such programs are usually not that inexpensive, which is why you might require to think about other alternatives. However if you do incline participating in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenses with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are rather similar to domestic ones, however they allow you to continue living your life and bearing your obligations, as you will not need to remain at the center all day, just in the early mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you may have to invest a larger time period in your rehabilitation center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fundamental principle of a 12-Step program in Aguadilla, PR?
The main concept of the Aguadilla 12 steps is that individuals can help one another in their journey of overcoming drug abuse or any other problems. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not necessary these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Schedule?
The 12 actions can be found in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you might likewise check out them in the short article above and choose whether they would be helpful to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook readily available for 12 actions fans, and you can download it free of charge. Such workbooks are typically very handy for new members, and the things that you write down in such a workbook could be discussed together with other AA members.